Pasta with Tuna, Tomatoes & ArtichokesBy Today's Parent
4 Adult Sized Servings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp hot-pepper flakes
- 1 796-mL can Italian plum tomatoes , squished up
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 170-g can solid white tuna , drained, broken up
- 1 398-mL can artichoke hearts , drained, halved
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 454-g pkg short-shaped pasta , such as farfalle
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in a pot over medium. Add onion and sauté for 4 min or until softened. Add garlic and chili flakes and sauté 1 min longer.
- Add tomatoes and sugar, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 min or until flavours have come together. Add tuna and artichokes and simmer gently for 5 min longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving a little water.
- Toss pasta with sauce, adding reserved water as needed. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 105 g,
- 14 g,
- 11 g,
- 1043 mg.