Grilled Polenta Cakes with Shrimp and Tomatoes
4 adult sized servings
This recipe for Grilled Polenta Cakes with Shrimp and Tomatoes uses pre-made polenta tubes, making it easy to make and stunning to eat.
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 1/2 1 kg pre-made polenta tube , cut into 3/4-in. thick rounds
- 1 lb large peeled shrimp
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 pint grape tomato , halved
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Use 2 tbsp oil to brush polenta rounds on both sides. Place on a baking sheet.
- Toss shrimp with 1 tbsp oil, honey, salt, coriander, paprika and chili sauce. Reserve.
- Lay a large piece of heavyduty foil on the counter (or make a double layer of regular foil). Combine tomatoes, remaining 1 tbsp oil, garlic and a pinch salt in the middle of the foil. Top with another piece of foil and tightly roll up edges to enclose.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill tomato package until foil puffs up and tomatoes are saucy, about 8 min.
- Grill polenta rounds, without moving them, until marks appear and they are easy to remove with a spatula, about 4 min per side.
- Grill shrimp for about 2 min per side or until pink and opaque.
- Serve polenta topped with shrimp and tomato mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 29 g,
- 16 g,
- 2 g,
- 670 mg.