Originally published in the June 2011 issue. Photo by Vince Noguchi.
Fish and Green Bean Packages
Baking in parchment (en papillote) allows the fish to steam while it cooks, creating a super-moist and flavour-infused dish. Tucking the beans in along with the fish makes this an all-in-one meal.
- 4 frozen fish fillets , such as cod, about 1 lb
- parchment paper
- 1/2 lb green beans , trimmed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine , optional
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme, tarragon or Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Tear 4 pieces of parchment, each about 12 x 16 in. Place a fish fillet on each. Scatter green beans around fish. Drizzle with white wine, if using (if not, no other liquid is necessary).
- Sprinkle with herbs and green onions. Fold and crimp parchment edges together to seal. Place on a baking sheet. Bake in the centre of preheated oven until thinnest part of the fish flakes easily and the green beans are tender, 18-22 minutes.
- Serve each package on a plate; be careful when opening, as the steam will be very hot. Top each fillet with a pat of butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if you like.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 1 g,