This article has not been rated yet.
This is an old-fashioned favourite that still tastes great to today's palates
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion , chopped
- 3 to 4 cup diced cooked turkey , (1-in. dice)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tsp hot water , (optional)
- 4 onion buns , (or other soft buns)
- black pepper , to taste
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or other large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add turkey, ketchup, barbecue sauce, hot sauce (if using) and water. Bring to a simmer, then cover.
- Reduce heat to low and then cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 55 minutes or until turkey has fallen apart and sauce is thick and flavourful. Season with pepper to taste.
- Pile into buns and serve.