Originally published in the May 2011. Photo by Jim Norton.
Butter Chicken Satays
This article has not been rated yet.
Skipping utensils can be fun! If you're short on time, this butter chicken recipe is fast and easy thanks to store-bought sauce.
- 1 400 mL jar Indian butter chicken cooking sauce , (regular or reduced fat)
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 skewer
- 1 250 g pkg naan
- 1/4 tsp salt
Raita dipping sauce
- 1 175 g container Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 1/4 English cucumber , halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- If skewers are non-metal, prep by soaking in warm water. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. If you have a rack, set it overtop and spray lightly with oil.
- Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour sauce overtop and stir to mix. Thread 4 pieces of chicken on each skewer, taking care not to crowd. Place each skewer on rack over baking sheet. Bake in centre of preheated oven until chicken is springy when pressed, 17-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dipping sauce. Using a spoon, scrape seeds from cucumber. Chop finely, along with mint leaves. Stir into yogurt along with coriander and salt.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven. Sprinkle naan lightly with water and place directly on oven rack. Toast until warm, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from skewers and serve on plates. Dollop raita alongside and serve with torn pieces of warm naan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 14 g,
- 28 g,
- 1 g,