Turkey Monte Cristo Sandwich
A toasted Turkey Monte Cristo Sandwich to remember!
- 8 slices bread
- sliced roast turkey , (leftover or from the deli)
- sliced Swiss , cheddar or Monterey jack
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp butter , or margarine
- Butter the slices of bread lightly on one side. Then on 4 of the slices, place some cheese, some turkey, then some more cheese. Top with the rest of the bread, buttered-side down, and squish them together firmly so that they don’t fall apart.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and mustard. Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture, coating them on both sides.
- Melt butter in a skillet, and cook the sandwiches until nicely browned on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- *A frozen juice box or mini ice pack tucked into your child’s lunch box will help keep those sandwiches fresh and safe until lunchtime.