Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2021 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Pulled chicken sliders with coleslawBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
A simple BBQ sauce will up your rotisserie chicken game for a tasty meal that's ready in just 25 minutes.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fancy molasses
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- 8 slider buns , split and toasted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 397-g pkg coleslaw
- Stir ketchup with vinegar, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder in a saucepan over medium. Bring to a boil. Gently boil, stirring often, until sauce thickens slightly, 8 to 12 min. Transfer sauce to a large bowl.
- Remove chicken from bone and discard skin. Shred meat with two forks on a cutting board, then transfer to bowl with sauce. Toss to coat.
- Coleslaw: Stir mayo with vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir in coleslaw until well coated. Season with pepper.
- Fill toasted buns with chicken and coleslaw.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 84 g,
- 36 g,
- 6 g,
- 1170 mg.