Winter cobb salad
Photo: Erik Putz
This cozy version of the classic Cobb has hearty ingredients like sweet potato, rotisserie chicken and chicken skin "bacon".
, peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
- Preheat oven to 450F. Add eggs to a medium pot of boiling water and simmer for 6 min. Rinse under cold water.
- Toss sweet potato with oil and 1/4 tsp salt on a baking sheet. Roast until fork-tender and golden-brown, 12 to 14 min.
- Remove chicken skin. Set aside. Debone legs, then shred meat. Slice up breast.
- Stir mayo with yogurt, 2 tbsp water, lemon juice, chives and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Add romaine and toss until coated. Divide among plates. Top with peeled and halved eggs, sweet potato, tomatoes, chicken, feta and chicken skin bacon, if desired.
- For chicken skin bacon: Trim excess fat from skin, then arrange flat on a baking sheet. Bake in lower third of oven at 450F until crisp, 5 to 6 min. Once cooled, break into smaller pieces.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 53 g,
- 29 g,
- 33 g,
- 7 g,
- 1108 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C
Originally published in the Today’s Parent January/February 2020 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.