Hoisin-Glazed Salmon with Crunchy Apple Salad
This delicious recipe for hoisin-glazed salmon with crunchy apple salad will looks fancy but is really easy to make.
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oragne juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 1/2 lb salmon fillets , skin on
- black pepper
- 1/3 cup buttermilk , or plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice , divided
- 1 tbsp red onion , finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large crisp red apple , (such as Cripps Pink)
- 1 cup celery , (about 1 1/2 stalks) thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 cup cucumber , halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the bias
- Preheat oven to 425F. Combine hoisin, say sauce, orange juice, mustard and Asian chili sauce; place in a sealable bag. Add fish and squish around in bag to coat with marinade.
- Place fish skin-side-down in a foil lined baking sheet. Discard marinade. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake 15-17 minutes or until fish begins to flake at the edges when pressed, and is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, 1 tbsp lemon juice, red onion and honey in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt to taste. Slice apple thinly and place in a bowl; sprinkle with remaining lemon juice and toss to coat. Add celery and cucumber. Just before serving, pour dressing overtop and toss to coat. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 18 g,
- 21 g,
- 2 g,
- 594 mg.