Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2019 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Sheet pan trout with potato tilesBy Eshun Mott
This article has not been rated yet.
Fish Friday never came together so easily. This colourful rainbow trout is spread with a bittersweet tarragon pesto to give it a yummy kick.
- 2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes , (4 medium), sliced 1/4-in. thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , cut in small pieces
- 1 1/4 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 rainbow trout fillets , (about 1 1/2 lb)
- Position rack in bottom third of oven then preheat to 425F. Line a baking sheet with a lightly oiled parchment double the size of the pan.
- Toss potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Arrange in slightly overlapping rows to fill baking sheet. Dot potatoes with butter. Fold parchment overtop and crimp edges together to enclose. Bake potatoes for 35 min, or until tender and browned on bottom (lift corner of top parchment and peek inside to check for readiness).
- Combine remaining 2 tbsp olive oil with parsley, garlic, tarragon and lemon zest. Brush all over fish. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Fold back or tear off excess parchment and lay fish on top of potatoes. Bake for 12 min, or until fish begins to flake when centre of fillets are firmly pressed.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 39 g,
- 40 g,
- 30 g,
- 4 g,
- 797 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin b12