Sheet Pan Sausage, Squash and KaleBy Chatelaine
It’s a pretty pan sure, with its vibrant veg and rich maple-mustard sauce, but it's also a flavour bomb. Get ready to put this easy dinner on repeat.
- 2 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 450-g pkg mild Italian sausage
- 1 small acorn squash , washed, halved, seeded and cut into ½-in thick slices
- pinch salt
- 5 cups torn kale , packed
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 1/2 tbsp oil with mustard, syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle mixture over sausages and squash on baking sheet, tossing to coat. Roast for 25 min, flipping squash after 20 min.
- In a large bowl, massage kale with remaining 1 tbsp oil and pinch of salt until softened. Add to baking sheet and roast until sausages are cooked through, squash is tender and kale is slightly crisp, about 5 min. Serve over cooked rice or pasta.
Be sure to dry kale thoroughly so it roasts up nice and crispy.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 24 g,
- 23 g,
- 3 g,
- 2 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin A