Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2019 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Saucy Italian sausage sheet panBy Eshun Mott
This article has not been rated yet.
Stressed about dinner? We've got your back—just grab some sausage, and that can of beans in your cupboard and slap 'em on a pan.
- 1 1/2 lb tomatoes , quartered and halved crosswise (about 6)
- 1 onion , cut in 3/4-in. chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lb mild Italian sausages
- 540-mL can white beans , drained and rinsed well
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lay tomatoes skin-side down on one end of lightly oiled baking sheet. Add onion. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper. Add thyme sprigs.
- Add sausages to other end of pan and roast for 20 min. Flip sausage and continue roasting for 15 min, or until sausages are browned and juices are beginning to caramelize.
- Push sausages and tomatoes together slightly and add beans to juices on tray, grinding pepper over beans. Roast for 10 min, or until vegetables are very soft and sausages are fully cooked.
- Use a rubber spatula to incorporate all vegetables and juices. Slice sausage as desired. Sprinkle vegetables, beans and sausage with parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 55 g,
- 24 g,
- 11 g,
- 1030 mg.
- Excellent source of