This article has not been rated yet.
Roasted chicken on a weeknight? Yes! Do the simple prep in advance and it'll practically cook itself.
, (about 500 g)
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized chunks. Place in a medium bowl with shallots and rosemary; drizzle with oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook, up to a day in advance.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In each of 2 roasting pans (12 x 9½in/3.5 L), spread half the potato mixture in an even layer. Add 4 chicken thighs to each pan. (Sounds a bit strange, but divvying things up ensures even cooking.)
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. About halfway through cooking time, stir chicken and vegetables. Peel, core and slice apples, then mix into pans before returning to the oven. Check for doneness by pricking chicken with the tip of a knife; it’s ready when juices run clear. Let sit a few minutes while you whip up salad.
- Cherry Tomato and Basil Salad Toss ¾ lb (375 g) halved cherry tomatoes with ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped fresh basil, 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp (5 mL) balsamic vinegar and salt to taste.
- In a serving: 553 calories, 27.5 g protein, 23.4 g fat, 60.8 g carbohydrates, 7.4 g dietary fibre