This article has not been rated yet.
Degree of difficulty: easy
1.4- to 1.8-kg whole
5 or 6
, (leaves only)
, from 2 lemons
, from 1 lemon
- Take chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before roasting so it can come to room temperature; this will help it cook evenly.
- Now, make the glaze: In the bowl of a food processor, combine all remaining ingredients and chop finely. If you don’t have a food processor, use a knife to chop the rosemary and garlic, and whisk with the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 475°F (240°C). Season chicken with salt and place on a roasting rack or in an ovenproof dish. Place in the oven, then immediately reduce heat to 375°F (190°C) and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, sticking it into the thickest part of the thigh. When it reads 170°F (77°C), brush chicken with the glaze you made earlier, then return it to the oven. Continue cooking until meat thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) and juices run clear, about 15-20 minutes more. Let chicken stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- In a serving: 293 calories, 22 g protein, 22 g fat, 2 g carbs, 1 mg iron, 2 mg zinc