Roasted Chicken Breasts with Vegetables
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 6 servings
This recipe yields enough cooked chicken breasts for two completely different dinners.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , (about 1.5 kg)
- 750 g potatoes , peeled if desired and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 medium zucchinis , cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 medium onion , cut into 1-in. chunks
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix about half of this marinade with the chicken breasts in a bowl and stir until they’re evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a greased 9 x 13 in (23 x 33 cm) baking dish, combine the potatoes, zucchini, onion and the remaining marinade mixture. Toss well to mix. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are nearly tender.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and arrange the chicken breasts over the vegetables. (Most of the marinade will stick to the chicken. Discard the rest.)
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve with a tossed salad to complete the meal.