Crispy lemon roast chicken with green beans
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 Servings
Your family will love this recipe for crispy lemon roast chicken with green beans.
- 3 to 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- black pepper
FOR QUICK GRAVY:
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth , (low sodium or homemade)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tsp soy sauce , optional
- Preheat oven to 450F. Season chicken well with lemon zest, salt and pepper; place skin-side up in a single layer in a large greased metal roasting pan.
- Roast chicken for 45 min or until skin is browned and crisp, and juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan and set in a warm place to rest.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. Carefully pour any juices from the roasting pan into a measuring cup; skim off and discard as much of the fat as you can. Set aside. Place roasting pan on the stove over medium heat. (Keep an oven mitt on your hand at all times while making the gravy, as the roasting pan will be hot.) Sprinkle flour into pan and cook for 1 min, stirring, or until lightly browned.
- Add chicken stock, defatted pan juices and lemon juice to the roasting pan; bring to a boil. Scrape with a spatula to incorporate any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Boil for 3 or 4 min, or until gravy has thickened. Add soy sauce if desired to make the gravy darker and richer (be aware that it will also add saltiness). Serve gravy with chicken.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 16 g,
- 382 mg.