Teriyaki Pork Kebabs
Don't put away the outdoor grill just yet! You've got to try these Teriyaki Pork Kebabs—they're an easy-to-make sweet, tangy combo of veggies and lean meat.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 4.5-g pkg low-sodium chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 500 g pork tenderloin
- 1 green sweet pepper , cut into chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- In a medium pot, combine rice, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil, reduce to low and cook, covered, for 40 minutes. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water (metal skewers are ready to use as-is).
- While the rice is cooking, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, oil, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl. Cut tenderloin into bite-sized pieces and combine in bowl with the soy sauce mixture. Marinate 20 minutes.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium high. Thread each skewer with about 6 pieces of pork (discard remaining marinade), alternating with chunks of green pepper and cherry tomatoes. Grill kebabs 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- In 1 kebab with rice: 351 calories, 30.0 g protein, 4.5 g fat, 46.6 g carbohydrates, 3.4 g dietary fibre, 29 mg vitamin C