Warm Cranapple Punch
This article has not been rated yet.
In this Cranapple Punch, the combination of apple cider and cranberries is sure to bring warmth and festive cheer to a winter party. The hint of citrus and spices adds a special touch and a flavour that everyone will enjoy.
- 2 clementines
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks , broken into pieces
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry cocktail
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar , (optional, to taste)
- dried cranberries , for garnish
- Using a small piece of cheesecloth or a tea ball, tie up cloves and cinnamon pieces into a bundle. Cut one clementine into thin slices.
- In a large pot, combine half the clementine slices, the spice bundle, cider and cranberry cocktail. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until steaming. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until infused with spice flavours. Discard clementine slices and spice bundle, and stir in sugar to taste. (Cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days, if you like. Reheat to steaming before serving.)
- Cut remaining clementine into thin slices and float in punch with the dried cranberries. Ladle into heatproof mugs or cups.