Uppity Fruit Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
If you’re going to have fruit for dessert, you’d better make it special. Feel free to substitute any combination of fruits.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mint leaves , chopped
- 1 mint leaf , chopped
- 1 quart fresh strawberries , hulled and cut in half
- 4 kiwi fruit , peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups green or red seedless grapes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey and mint. Set aside.
- Using that nifty melon baller in your kitchen drawer, scoop out the cantaloupe and add to the honey lime mixture in the bowl. (If you don’t have a melon baller, just cut the melon into bite-sized chunks.) Add the strawberries, kiwis and grapes (or whatever fruit you’re using). Toss gently to combine, then refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill and allow the flavours to blend.
- Serve in fancy glass bowls, each garnished with a whole mint leaf.