A simple recipe for an ooey-gooey Tuna Melt!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise , (regular or light)
- 1 tbsp green relish
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives , (omit this if your child hates olives)
- 1 184-g can tuna , flaked and drained
- 2 green onions , chopped (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine filling ingredients in a bowl, and stir until everything is well mixed. Spoon onto the bottom halves of fresh hamburger buns, slam on the tops and wrap securely in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 20 minutes – until heated right through.
- To pack this sandwich in a lunch box, simply wrap it in foil without heating. It won’t be a “melt” anymore, but it’ll still be good.*