A simple recipe for a delicious Toasted Western sandwich!
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped cooked ham
- 2 slices buttered toast , (white or whole wheat)
- other stuff , (see below)
- In a small frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir the chopped ham into the beaten egg and pour into the hot frying pan. Cook, without stirring, until brown on the bottom, then flip over and cook the other side for a minute. Put the cooked omelette between the two slices of buttered toast and serve immediately.
- Other stuff: Add some green pepper or onion to the omelette, or top the finished omelette with a spoonful of salsa, sliced tomato, lettuce or even a blob of ketchup.