The Kitchen Sink
This article has not been rated yet.
Everything but. The perfect thing for a birthday party. Outside. This isn't really a recipe; it's an experience.
- 3 flavours of ice cream , (at least; more is better)
- 3 kinds of ice cream sauces , (at least), such as chocolate, strawberry, caramel, marshmallow, whatever
- toppings , such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, sprinkles, crushed Oreos, sliced bananas, peaches, etc.
- whipped cream , (spray can is fine)
- maraschino cherries , (at least one per person)
- Scoop all the different flavours of ice cream and arrange on a cookie sheet. Place in the freezer until the scoops are completely solid, then pack carefully in a plastic container until serving time.
- Now find a really ridiculously huge serving dish. And I mean ridiculous. If you do happen to have a spare sink around – a small not-yet-connected bathroom one is excellent – that would be perfect. Just wash it out really well, plug the drain and fill. Other cool ideas are a clean plastic bucket, dishpan or roasting pan. If all else fails, use a salad bowl.
- Arrange enough frozen ice cream in the serving dish to allow 2 to 3 scoops per person. Slather generously with several kinds of sauce, sprinkle with toppings and then squirt liberally with whipped cream. Whatever you do, for heaven’s sake, don’t forget the cherries. Now carry this out to the picnic table, hand each child a spoon (or a plastic shovel) and don’t interfere. Gross? Of course. That’s the whole point.