This article has not been rated yet.
Classic spaghetti flavours combined with everyone’s favourite, appetizer meatballs. Kids will enjoy nibbling on these. Be sure to supervise young children around the hot dish and have lots of napkins on hand.
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup , or tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning , or basil
- 1 908-g box frozen precooked meatballs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large pot, combine pasta sauce, ketchup and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Add meatballs, reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is thickened and meatballs are hot in the centre. Gently stir in Parmesan. Transfer to a warmed casserole dish or a slow cooker set on low heat. Serve hot with toothpicks.
- Prefer to make your own meatballs? Shape them 1½ in. (3 cm) in diameter, and cook until no longer pink inside. Simmer the pasta sauce for about 10 minutes or until very thick before adding the meatballs. Add hot, cooked meatballs and simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickly coated in sauce. Serve as above.