This article has not been rated yet.
This S'mores Bars recipe reimagines the delicious campfire treats, made with graham crackers, chocolate and melted marshmallows. As a bonus, these treats travel well in a picnic basket, unlike the original.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter , melted
- 500 g milk chocolate , chopped (1 lb)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Stir well to combine. Measure out 1 cup (250 ml) of the mixture and set it aside. Have your child slip her hand into a small plastic bag and, with her bagged hand, press the remaining crumb mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of a 13 x 9 in. (22 x 33 cm) baking dish. Bake at 350°F (180°C ) for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Don’t overbake. Let cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan set over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Pour it over the crust, spreading it evenly to the edges. Sprinkle with the marshmallows, pressing them lightly into the chocolate, then sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture, also patting it down lightly.
- Place the baking dish under a preheated broiler 2 in. (5 cm) from the heat for 30 seconds, or until the marshmallows are golden. Let cool completely, then cut into squares.