Pasta Supper Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
This salmon pasta salad is a great choice for kids who think they don't like salad—it's lettuce-free!
- 225 g dried farfalle , fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 454 g boneless, skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Add peas, then drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking liquid. Return the cooked pasta and peas to the pot.
- In large, deep skillet, arrange salmon in a single layer; season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, lemon zest and juice. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; cover and cook until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork; about 15 minutes (time will depend on thickness of salmon). You could skip this step by substituting 2 cans of low-sodium salmon, drained.
- Add salmon and cooking liquid to the pasta and peas with the butter and mint. Stir gently to combine, breaking up salmon into pieces. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.