Miah's Mango-Banana Tropical Muffins
Contributed by Lisa Loski, Surrey, British Columbia Cue the reggae tunes! These muffins are definitely going to make you feel like heading for the islands. We loved the combination of banana, mango and coconut - totally killer. And we mean that in the nicest possible way.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium bananas , mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 ripe mango , peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 12-compartment jumbo muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth (an electric mixer is recommended). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the mashed banana and vanilla.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in two or three additions, alternately with the vanilla yogurt. Mix well, then fold in the diced mango and coconut. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling the cups to the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick poked into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.