Kitchen Sink Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
This is a great way to use up leftovers. Feel free to substitute ingredients in this recipe with what's in your fridge.
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken , pork or beef
- 1 540-mL can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 540-mL can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 540-mL can navy beans , (white beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 red sweet pepper , diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels , (or frozen corn, thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups salad greens , of your choice (Boston lettuce, mesclun, arugula and mache all work well)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, all the canned beans, red pepper, onion, celery, corn, basil, parsley and mint.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and toss gently to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to a day to let flavours blend.
- To serve, divide salad greens among 4 plates, then divide chicken mixture equally overtop.