Iced Apple Mint Sun Tea
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 10 servings
If you like, you can vary the flavour by using another type of juice.
- 6 cups cold water
- 6 tea bags , (your favourite kind, regular or decaf)
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 2 cups apple juice , (or any fruit juice you like)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large clear container, combine the cold water, tea bags and fresh mint leaves. Cover and place in the sun – indoors or outdoors – for 2 to 5 hours or until the tea is as strongly flavoured as you like. Strain tea into a pitcher and add juice.
- While the tea is steeping in the sun, make the simple syrup. In a small saucepan or a microwave-safe measuring cup, combine the sugar with – cup (125 mL) water. On the stove or in the microwave, bring just to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool slightly, then add to the tea gradually, tasting until it is sweetened to your taste – you may not use all the syrup
- Chill and serve over ice.