Homemade Iced Tea
This article has not been rated yet.
When summer hits, hydration is the name of the game. If iced tea is your family's preferred thirst quencher, instead of reaching for a can, try DIY:
- 4 cups boiling water
- 8 tea bags
- pure fruit juice , honey, maple syrup, peach slices or berries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar , (optional)
- In a teapot or large measuring cup, pour boiling water over tea bags (or to taste). Let it steep 5 minutes for black tea, up to 15 for herbal. Remove bags, allow to cool, transfer to a tempered glass pitcher and refrigerate.
- Sweeten lightly with juice, honey, syrup, fruit slices or berries. If you prefer granulated sugar, go easy (see measurement above).
- Tip: Try decaf. Choose kid-friendly, fruity herbal blends like lemon or raspberry. Rooibos (red) tea is rich in antioxidants and naturally caffeine-free.