Originally published in the Today’s Parent May/June 2019 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Greek chicken and potato saladBy Chatelaine
Mamma Mia, here we go again! This simple, yet fresh tasting dinner is inspired by one of the prettiest places in the Mediterranean.
- 680 g baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 garlic cloves , minced, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 red onion , finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Bring potatoes and 1 tsp salt to boil in a large pot of water. Reduce to medium-high heat and cook until tender, 8 to 10 min.
- Toss chicken with 1 tbsp oil, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, half of minced garlic and oregano on prepared sheet. Season with pepper (optional). Broil until cooked through and golden-brown, 10 to 12 min.
- Drain potatoes and set aside. Heat 1tbsp oil in same pot over medium. Add onion and remaining garlic. Cook until softened, about 3 min. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp oil, vinegar, red pepper, dill and olives. Cut potatoes in half and add to pot. Season with pepper.
- Slice chicken, then divide among plates with potato salad. Sprinkle with feta.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 59 g,
- 33 g,
- 18 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 mg.