Originally published in the Today’s Parent June 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
“Fried” Chicken FingersBy Chatelaine
You don't have to feel guilty about these tender chicken fingers. They've got the satisfying flavour of fried, but are baked in the oven.
- 5 cups cornflake cereal
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Crush cornflakes with your hands in a medium bowl until finely crumbled. Stir in Italian seasoning. Pour flour into a shallow dish. Whisk egg with honey and Dijon in another shallow dish.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips and pat dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt. Dredge each piece in flour and then egg mixture, then press into cornflakes to cover. Lay chicken on prepared sheet.
- Bake in centre of oven until golden-brown, 18 to 20 min. Serve with more honey for dipping, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 57 g,
- 34 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 682 mg.