Fried Chicken Bites
* PLUS Standing time: 30 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes
These fried chicken bites are guaranteed to be a winner at the dinner table—they also work well for picnics.
1 1/2 cups
, cut into 2-in. pieces
1 1/2 tsp
, for frying (about 2 cups)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a resealable bag. Add chicken and marinate in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for 30 min to 1 hr. Drain chicken and set aside; discard marinade.
- Combine first 5 coating ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Pour oil into a large pot until it reaches ½ in. up the sides. Heat over medium to 350°F.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture to coat; transfer right away to hot oil. Fry chicken for 8 to 10 min—keeping the temperature from 325°F to 350°F—turning once, or until outside is browned and crisp and meat is cooked through (when juices from the meat run clear).
- Cool to room temperature on a rack and pack to go.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 53 g,
- 9 g,
- 10 g,
- 1 g,
- 567 mg.