Classic Chicken Caesar Salad
Anchovy-averse? Not to worry; there are no hairy little fish in this salad, but it still packs all the flavour punch of an authentic Caesar.
, (regular or light)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange cubed bread in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss gently to coat. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden—2 to 15 minutes. Remove croutons from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high. Cook bacon, turning occasionally, until crispy—about 8 minutes. Use tongs to transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Let cool and crumble.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally so that you have four thin, quick-cooking cutlets. Drain all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the bacon fat from skillet and cook chicken until browned and cooked through — about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, let cool and slice.
- Slice lettuce crosswise into ribbons.
- In a blender or food processor, combine lemon juice, mayo, Parmesan and garlic. Process on high until smooth. Toss gently in a large bowl with lettuce, chicken, croutons and bacon.