This article has not been rated yet.
This bogburger ragout is classic camping food at its best. It's fast, it all goes in one pot and it looks, well, looks aren't important at a time like this.
- 500 g medium or lean ground beef , (or turkey)
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 796-mL can tomatoes , mashed up in the can
- 1 540-mL can kidney beans , or Romano beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw macaroni , (like elbows or shells)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin , (optional)
- pinch black pepper , or dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef with the chopped onion over a medium fire (ha!) until the onion is softened. Drain off the fat (not into the fire!).
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir well to combine and cook, covered, for about 30 minutes or until the pasta is done. Sprinkle with some cheese if you’d like.