Originally published in the Today’s Parent May 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
One-Pan Creamy Bacon, Broccoli and Tomato PastaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This pasta dish is like the Italian flag come to life and it's got everything you want: green veggies, the sweet pop of cherry tomatoes and salty, crispy bacon to finish. Dare you not to slurp.
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 400 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat a very large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp, 3 to 4 min per side. Transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate.
- Drain fat from pan, reserving 1 tbsp. Add garlic. Cook for 1 min. Add water, cream, pasta, butter and salt. Boil over medium-high, stirring often, until pasta has absorbed most but not all of the liquid, 10 to 12 min.
- Stir in broccoli, tomatoes and Parmesan. Cook until broccoli is tender, 2 to 3 min. Crumble bacon overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 95 g,
- 27 g,
- 6 g,
- 883 mg.