Easy Braised Beef LasagnaBy Today's Parent
8 Adult Servings
This lasagna is all about showcasing a homemade ragout, but you could also slip in a layer of cooked spinach or sautéed vegetables.
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 4 cups Braised Beef Ragout , (recipe below)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 475 g ricotta
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan , divided
- 2 tsp finely chopped anchovy
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 360 g fresh pasta sheets
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine parsley and basil and stir 2 tbsp into ragout mixture. Season with salt and set aside.
- Combine ricotta with milk, 2/3 cup of Parmesan, anchovies, nutmeg and pepper.
- Spoon 1 cup ragout over the bottom of an 8 x 10 ovenproof casserole dish and spread to the edges. Top with a layer of pasta sheets (heavily overlapping the pasta sheets and trimming edges as needed). Spread on another cup ragout and spoon ” of the ricotta mixture over top. Top with another layer of pasta, ragout and ricotta. Add the last layer of pasta. Spoon remaining ragout and ricotta over and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 min. Then remove foil and bake 15 min longer or until sauce is bubbling. Let stand 10 min and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp parsley and basil before serving.
Braised Beef Ragout
Click here for the Braised Beef Ragout recipe.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 25 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 567 mg.