Baked Tomato and Cheese Pasta
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 servings
This easy-to-make pasta takes just minutes to prepare and tastes delicious.
- 500 g penne , rotini, shells or other medium-sized pasta shape
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce , (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease one 9 x 13 in (23 x 33 cm) rectangular baking dish or two 8 in (20 cm) square baking dishes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain well, then rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together half of the spaghetti sauce (1 1/2 cups/375 mL), the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil. Add the drained pasta and mix well. Spread some of the remaining spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish (or dishes). Cover with the pasta mixture, then spoon the remaining spaghetti sauce overtop. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned on top.