Bacon and Tomato Pasta Dinner
4 to 4 servings
Great Weeknight Dinner Swap recipe contest finalist, pasta main dishes category
- 10 slices bacon , chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan , (plus more for serving at the table)
- 250 g herb and garlic cream cheese , (use your favourite brand)
- 3 cups fusilli pasta , (or other favourite bite-sized pasta)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes , or halved cherry tomatoes
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Place the chopped bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until crisp, stirring often. Remove bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Drain all the fat from the pan, then add the milk, Parmesan and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cheese melts and sauce thickens — 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain thoroughly and add to the sauce in the skillet. Add the tomatoes and bacon, and cook over low heat just until everything is combined and heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.