Two-timing Cold-hearted Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Canned hearts of palm, exotic as they may sound, have very little taste all by their little selves. But mix them with some artichoke hearts and a zingy dressing, and you have a fabulous salad. Oh, and hearts of palm are exactly that: the heart of a tropical palm tree. Very cool.
- 1 398-mL can hearts of palm
- 1 398-mL can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- lettuce leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- Drain the liquid from the cans of hearts of palm and artichoke hearts. Slice the hearts of palm crosswise into – in. (0.5 cm) rounds. Cut the artichoke hearts into quarters (if they aren’t already quartered in the can). Place all the broken hearts into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl (or blender), whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and garlic. Toss gently with the hearts and chill for at least 30 minutes (or as long as several hours).
- Now to serve: Have your child line four salad plates with a layer of lettuce leaves. Pile some of the salad mixture on top and decorate (beautifully) with halved cherry tomatoes.