Squiggles with Ricotta and Roasted Red Peppers
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
You don't have to use squiggly pasta to make this dish, but why wouldn't you?
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers , (from a jar is perfectly fine)
- 1 2/3 cups ricotta , (1 container)
- 2 tbsp olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth , or vegetable broth (homemade or from a can)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 garlic clove , squished (or more, if you like that sort of thing)
- 1/2 cup basil , coarsely chopped
- 375 g rotini , or fusilli pasta (squigglies!)
- Into the container of a food processor or blender, dump all the ingredients and – with your helpful young assistant at the controls – blend until pureed. You may want to stop halfway through and scrape down the sides to make sure it blends evenly. Make sure your child doesn’t turn the blender on while you’re poking around in there, though.
- Cook the rotini in plenty of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain thoroughly, but don’t rinse. Place in a bowl, add the ricotta mixture and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.