Pump-It-Up Spinach Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
Popeye had to eat his spinach from a can, but your tyke can enjoy it fresh and sweet.
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium mangoes , peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini , (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Heat a small frying pan to medium, add sunflower seeds and toast, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, water and lemon juice until smooth. Add garlic, honey, salt and pepper, whisking to combine.
- Toss spinach and mango slices in a large salad bowl, drizzle on dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with sunflower seeds.