Pineapple Cheesecake Bagels
This article has not been rated yet.
The classic combination, reborn as a portable lunch.
- 1 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple , well drained
- 1 tsp granulated sugar , (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup raisins , dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 4 to 6 bagels
- Combine the cream cheese and crushed pineapple in a food processor (if you have one buried in your cupboard) and blend until well mixed. Taste and stir in the sugar if you think it needs it. If you don’t have a food processor, you can simply mush together the whole business in a bowl with a fork.
- Now cut the bagels in half and spread some of the pineapple cream cheese on both halves. Sprinkle with some of the raisins (or whatever you’re using) and some of the sunflower seeds. Squish the two halves together. That’s it.