Lime Basil Pesto
3 to 3 In 1 tbsp (15 mL) serving
A great topping for roasted vegetables, baguette or pasta.
- 4 cups lightly packed basil leaves , (about 2 small bunches)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Whirl the basil in a food processor. With the motor running, drop garlic through the feed-tube.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, lime juice, sugar and salt. With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed-tube.
- Whirl until blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Serving suggestions: Pesto Pasta Reduce lime juice in pesto recipe above by 1 tbsp (15 mL) if serving with pasta. Toss pesto with hot cooked farfalle, penne or orzo pasta. Add cooked fresh peas (or sugar snap or snow peas) and chopped ham or prosciutto. Zesty Vegetables Use pesto as a dressing for roasted or grilled garden vegetables, such as tomatoes, peppers or zucchini. Easy Appetizer Spread slices of baguette or Melba toast rounds with ricotta or cream cheese, then top with pesto.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 6 g,