Layered Mocha Truffle Squares
This article has not been rated yet.
This recipe is so simple that it's almost embarrassing.
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 tbsp instant coffee , (dissolved in 1 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 200-g pkg chocolate wafer cookies
- In a large bowl combine the whipping cream, icing sugar, chocolate syrup and coffee liquid. With an electric mixer, beat until the mixture is nearly stiff. Don’t overbeat the cream because it will separate – stop beating while it’s still a little soft.
- In an 8 in. (20 cm) square baking dish, make a layer of chocolate wafer cookies. (You will use about 16 cookies for each layer.) Cover this with one-third of the mocha whipped cream. Repeat these layers two more times – making 3 layers of each – ending with mocha whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate or sprinkles. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours (or up to 48 hours) before serving. Cut into squares to serve.