Homemade Chocolate Pudding
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 6 servings
With a little help, kids can whip up this sweet, yummy treat from ingredients in your pantry
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Place sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium pot. Whisk to get rid of lumps and to mix well. While whisking, pour in milk very slowly to incorporate with dry ingredients. The mixture will look like chocolate milk.
- Set pot over medium heat. Stir continuously, being sure to scrape sides and corners of pan (so you don’t get lumps), until the entire surface of the pudding bubbles, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Scrape into a bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding (this prevents a skin from forming). Refrigerate until firm, about 11?2 hours.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Make it super chocolatey! During the last minute of cooking, add 1?2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips and stir until melted. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.