Frozen Valentine Bombe
This article has not been rated yet.
This fluffy, strawberry concoction is the perfect recipe to make with little sous-chefs. It may look fancy, but it's wonderfully simple.
- 2 300-g pkgs frozen strawberries , thawed and drained
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 35% cream , whipped, or 2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine strawberries with egg whites and sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture on high speed for 5 to 8 min, until thick and fluffy. It should mound easily when dropped from a spoon. Gently fold in cream, until well combined. (Don’t over-mix; it should stay fluffy.)
- Line a mixing bowl with plastic wrap and spoon the mousse mixture into it. Cover the top of the bowl with plastic, and place in freezer for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When your bombe is frozen, unwrap the bowl, and turn it out on to a serving platter. Peel off the plastic wrap, and garnish the mould with fresh strawberries, chocolate hearts or chocolate-dipped fruit. Slice to serve.
If you prefer, you can freeze this mousse in individual serving dishes.