Chicken Caesar Pitas
This article has not been rated yet.
By using yesterday's leftovers, you can easily create a delicious meal or school lunch.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 2 or 3 6-in. pita breads , cut in half
- In a bowl, toss together the cubed chicken, lettuce and crumbled bacon. In another bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard and Parmesan cheese. Pour this Caesar-ish dressing over the chicken mixture and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper. Stuff into pita pockets and eat. Or, pack the pita, salad and dressing in separate containers, and let your child assemble his own sandwich at school.