Super Berry Crepes
Try this yummy berry crepes recipes for a perfect Sunday brunch.
1 1/2 cups
- Place all crepe ingredients in a blender or food processor, and whirl to blend. Scrape down sides if you need to. Refrigerate while you’re getting everything else ready.
- If you’re using strawberries, slice thinly. Place berries in a bowl along with sugar and lemon juice. Stir and let stand.
- To make sauce: Place 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) cream and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium high, stirring halfway through, until chips are mostly melted, 1-11⁄2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Place remaining cream in a large bowl with sugar. Beat using electric mixer until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Lightly brush a medium non-stick frying pan with vegetable oil and set over medium heat. When it’s hot (young kids will need adult help), add about 1⁄4 cup (50 mL) crepe batter to pan. Tilt pan so that batter spreads and covers the whole pan. Cook until golden, 1-2 minutes each side. Keep warm, covered, in oven.
- Repeat with remaining batter. To serve: Place 1 crepe on dinner plate. Spoon about 1⁄3 cup (75 mL) berries over half of crepe; fold other half over to cover. Leave in a semicircle shape, or fold in half again to make a triangle. Top with dollop of whipped cream and drizzle of chocolate sauce. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Easy idea: Skip the chocolate sauce and serve crepes with maple syrup — they’re delicious either way!
- Make ahead: Stack cooled crepes between pieces of waxed paper, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- In 1 crepe with berries and sauce: 260 calories, 4 g protein, 17 g fat, 25 g carbs, 56 mg calcium