This article has not been rated yet.
1 to 1 servings
Got leftover rice? Then you've got a start on tomorrow's lunch, ready in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sauteed mushrooms , or steamed chopped butternut squash
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- In a small microwaveable bowl, stir rice with cream cheese and lemon juice. Stir in 3-4 tbsp (45-60 mL) warm water until mixture is loose. Gently stir in mushrooms and seasoning.
- (If using squash, prep by placing small cubes of butternut squash in a microwaveable bowl. Sprinkle with a little water. Microwave until fork-tender, about 5 minutes.)
- Microwave on high until hot, about 2 minutes. Top with Parmesan, if you like. Pack in a pre-warmed Thermos to keep hot.
- Makes 1 serving.
- In a serving: 429 calories, 14 g protein, 11 g fat, 67 g carbs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 11 g,