Mocha Madness Mould
This article has not been rated yet.
Give in to the madness. You won't be sorry.
1 1/2 cups
instant coffee powder
- Pour milk into a microwave-safe measuring cup and heat, on high power, for 3 minutes or until very hot but not boiling. Pour milk into blender container. Have your eager young assistant add the chocolate chips and instant coffee powder to the milk, put the lid on and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and unflavoured gelatin. Mix this with a fork until well combined, then add to the milk mixture in the blender and zip it around until smooth.
- Now, pour the chocolate mixture into a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan and cook, on high power, for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until slightly thickened. Refrigerate for one hour, until cool and softly jelled.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the chocolate mixture. Then beat the cream until thickly whipped and gently fold it in. Don’t over-stir this mixture – streaks are OK.
- Pour the Mocha Madness mixture into a lightly oiled 6 cup (1.5 litre) ring mould, chill 6 hours (or overnight) until set, then carefully unmould onto a serving platter. Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and some shaved chocolate.